I use this as a spread in sandwiches. It's a really good way to make veggie sandwiches more filling, not to mention it adds protein too! Yummmmm!
1 cup canned kidney beans
1 cup canned chickpeas
1/4 chopped green onions or purple onion
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1 tsp fresh oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 large lemon's worth of juice
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (more if you like!)
4 small roma tomatoes or 2 medium tomatoes on the vine halved or quartered
Salt to taste
1. Heat up the olive oil
2. Toss in the onions and garlic
3. Once they've browned add the crushed red pepper and stir for a minute
4. Next throw in the tomatoes, cook until the skin starts to peel
5. Finally throw in the beans, oregano, cumin and rosemary and cook for about 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat.
6. Let the mixture cool for a few minutes
7. Pour into your food processor, along with the salt and lemon juice, and puree.