I can't believe it's taken me so long to put this up here. I've been averse to salad dressing for years because I decided that salad dressing was either filled with fat or a ton of weird ingredients/chemicals that didn't belong in my body... well here's the answer to that dilemma!
3 tablespoons fresh squeezed OJ
3 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1. Stir everything together.
That gives you enough for two people.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
1 to 1.5 bunches of swiss chard cleaned and roughly chopped up
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic chopped up super fine
1/2 a purple onion chopped up
1/2 cup chopped dried figs
1/2 cup walnuts
3/4 cup grape tomatoes
Ground black pepper
1. Boil up some salty water in a big pot
2. Once the water is boiling throw in your swiss chard and leave in for barely 2 minutes, just until they start to wilt.
3. Drain the water, rinse the chard in cold water and dry.
4. In a pan heat up the olive oil on medium high, throw in the garlic and onion and cook till the onions are soft and tender.
5. Add the walnuts and figs in next. Cook until the walnuts start to brown a little.
6. Add in the tomatoes and cook them until they start to brown.
7. Lower the heat and stir in your chard and black pepper.
8. Salt to taste