Monday, August 10, 2009
More Almonds.... This time with Coffee!
Ok... I think I've outdone myself. Heather and I were a smidge devastated when Starbucks discontinued their coffee coated roasted almonds. I tried to recreate them and I swear I think mine are better. I'm eating them as I write this... Let's hope Heather actually gets to try some!
2 cups raw almonds
1/2 cup coffee
1/4 cup ground coffee
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Toss together the sugar, coffee and ground coffee
3. Add in the almonds to your mixture
4. With a slotted spoon scoop out the almonds onto a non-stick cookie sheet and spread them out. Try and drain out most of the liquid before transferring the almonds to the sheet.
5. Bake for 10 min
6. Scrape up and reposition the almonds on the cookie sheet. At this point things may look a little goopy and scary, don't panic that's what it supposed to look like
7. Put the tray back in the oven reduce the temperature down to 250 and bake for another 15 minutes
8. Take the tray out and let the almonds cool for 20 minutes. If after 20 minutes they're still wet/soft put them back in at 250 for another 5-10minutes.