Saturday, February 21, 2009

Veggie "Crepes"


This recipe may stem from my desire to eat pancakes as often as possible. I did some major tweaking to my whole grain pancake mix and the result was YUMMY. Here it is:

1/2 cup whole grain pancake mix (I used an oat based one)
1/2 cup other pancake mix (I use Aunt Jemima)
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
2-3 tbsp of chopped cilantro
1 spring onion (optional)
2-3 tbsp chopped spinach (optional)
1-1 1/2 cups of water



Directions:
1. Place all your ingredients and 1 cup of the water in your blender. Your mixture should look a little thinner than pancake mix. You may need to add water to get it to the right consistency.
2. Heat up some olive oil in a pan and pour some batter on the pan. I find a size between 5-7 inches in diameter to work pretty well.
3. Cook like you would a pancake.
4. Serve with any assortment of grilled veggies you want. Actually, I served these last night with left over baked falafel and hummus! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment