Saturday, February 28, 2009

Blueberry Sauce


Be careful, this stuff is addicting! I use it as pancake syrup but honestly I think you could use it for anything. I plan on throwing some into a recipe I have for frosting so I can have some fun blueberry frosting to put on cupcakes later today.

Ingredients
1 pint blueberries frozen or fresh
1/3 cup water
4 tbsp sugar (brown or white)
Optional: Juice from 1/4 of a big lemon

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients except lemon juice in a pan over high heat.
2. Bring to a boil stirring to make sure all the sugar dissolves. Leave on the heat for about a minute of two after the sugar dissolves.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool for at least 2 minutes. Add in lemon juice as your mixture is cooling.
4. Strain your mixture. Make sure you really crush all the blueberries to get out as much flavor as possible. You can store this in a jar in the fridge for at least 2-3 weeks.

By the way the picture above is only about half as much sauce as you get I was just too impatient to take a picture before I used some!

No comments:

Post a Comment