OK! So, I definitely procrastinated going to bed today with this recipe. It all started when a certain short runner reminded me that almonds are the best post-lunch munchies cure. That combined with someone else reminding me that I need Omega-3's in my diet resulted in this recipe... So simple, but so good.
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 to 1 tsp salt depending on how salty you like things.
1 cup raw almonds (Honestly, I bet you could substitute ANY nut in here)
1/4 cup raw flax seeds
Optional: 1/2 cup raisin or craisins (If you're feeling particularly rebellious throw in some chocolate chips!)
1. Combine salt & lime juice
2. Add in almonds and flax seeds
3. Pop them in your toaster for 5 minutes.
4. Let them cool down before tasting. If they're not crunchy enough toast on for a few more minutes. Also, if you want you can add in some craisins or raisins after your mixture has cooled.
5. Divide into 5 plastic baggies to create an entire work weeks worth of a crunchy snack! MMMM
6. Feel good about life because according to lecture number 3495834095 from the other day Omega-3 fatty acids can help ward of depression and anxiety! Not to mention heart disease! YAY!