I totally started out with really good intentions to make hummus today... and well it just didn't work out. I was just way too feisty! But, hey it worked out and now I have a new recipe.
Also, I'm pretty sure the black bean farmers of the world are soon going start paying me. About 80% of my last few posts have included black beans... and don't you worry, so does this one!
1 can chick peas
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp dried crushed thyme
1 clove garlic minced up super tiny
1/2 a medium onion all chopped up
1 tsp olive oil
1 can black beans
Salt to taste
Juice from 1 big lemon
1 tbsp dried cilantro (I ran out of the fresh stuff.. I bet it would have been better if it was fresh)
1. Bring the water to boil
2. Throw in the thyme and chick peas and cook on high until the chick peas are super mushy.
3. Blend/food process the chick pea mixture and put on the side.
4. Heat up the olive oil in a pot
5. Throw in the garlic and onions. Brown them up!
6. Put in the black beans and cook for about a minute on medium heat.
7. Next the crushed tomatoes, cumin, cilantro and crushed red pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes.
8. Mix in the chick pea mixture and cook for another minute or two over medium-high heat.
9. Turn down off the heat and add your salt and lemon juice.
10. Similar to the salsa serve at room temp with something to dip into it!