1 block of firm tofu grated with a cheese graters (the largest hole works best)
1 cup chopped mushrooms (I used the baby bella's... also if you don't like mushrooms these are totally optional)
1 chopped up bell pepper (Any color works fine)
1 small onion chopped up
1 clove of garlic chopped up
1 cup of whole grape tomatoes or some other kind of tomato chopped up
2 cups of baby spinach
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Take about a 1/4 cup of the tofu at a time, place it in a paper towel or two and squeeze out the water.
2. Heat up the oil, throw in the onions, garlic and crushed red pepper.
3. Once the garlic and onions are browned up put in the bell peppers and mushrooms let them cook for a few minutes
4. Next the tomatoes and then the spinach
5. Throw in the cumin, turmeric and salt
6. Stir and cook over medium heat till most of the liquid is gone.
I'm a big fan of this either on it's own with ketchup or in a toasted English muffin. Yum! Yay for breakfast foods that have protein in them!