Mmmm yay for cherry season and the farmers market. As usual I got over ambitious at the farmers market this weekend and bought too much fruit that combined with my parents coming up with their own contributions created a dire situation... The solution? FRUIT CRISPS! This is my favorite one from the week. I hope you enjoy it!
1 1/2 cups cherries
2 large peaches
1 cup brown sugar (Note: You could easily double the sugar in this recipe if you prefer things sweeter.)
2 tsps apple pie seasoning (This stuff if the best addition to your spice rack EVER! If you don't have any yet cinnamon is a good replacement.)
3 tbsp vegan butter
2 tbsp soymilk
6 tbsps flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour but I'm sure all purpose would do the trick)
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1. Set the oven to pre-heat at 350 degrees
2. While your waiting pit the cherries.... Or if you're feeling super lazy don't and just leave a bowl for seeds on the table when you serve this... hehe
3. Dice the peaches up
4. Mix the cherries, peaches, 3 tbsp of flour, 1 tsp apple pie seasoning and 1/2 cup of the brown sugar up and put them in your pan. I used an 8 X 8 pan but I doubt the exact size matters too much
5. In a bowl mix up the butter, soymilk, remaining 3 tbsps of flour, remaining 1 tsp of apple pie seasoning, oats and last 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
6. Crumble the mixture of oats on top of your fruit.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top looks crisp enough.
This surprisingly not only tastes good right out of the oven but even better the next day out of the fridge. Yum!