Stop making faces! They're really good. I promise!
1.5 lbs brussel sprouts cleaned and quartered
1 can cannelini beans (aka white kidney beans)
1 red bell pepper all chopped up
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 spring onions or 1/2 a medium purple onion all diced up
1 clove garlic grated up
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Optional: crushed red pepper flakes
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F
2. While the ovens preheating chop those brussel sprouts and mix them up with the olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, crushed red pepper and onion. Spread this mixture out over a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Use the ten minutes to chop up the bell pepper and rinse out the beans from the can. Mix the chopped bell pepper and cannelini beans up and pour them over the brussel sprouts once the 10 minutes are up.
4. Bake for another 10-20 minutes or until the brussel sprouts and bell peppers are brown around the edges.
5. Once they've cooled mix everything up in a big bowl.
I love these so much I usually just eat them as a meal with out much accompaniment however, I bet they'd be lovely with some Italian bread or as a side to any meal.