Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sauces for Stir-Fry

My latest cooking adventures have been limited more than usual by time because of school. So, I've been making a lot of REALLY quick stir fry dinners. The other day I forgot to buy stir-fry sauce so I tried making my own.... and I've been experimenting with different things ever since! I usually cook my veggies to desired mushiness/crispness and then throw the sauce in during the last few minutes

Here are a few of my favorites:

Peanut Sauce:
4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp honey roasted peanut butter (or 3 tbsp peanut butter and 1 tbsp honey)
3 tbsp rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
1 tbsp water
Garlic, Crushed red pepper and Ginger to taste (If you're using dried stuff you can mix it in with the sauce otherwise saute them in oil before throwing your veggies in.)

Directions:
1. Melt peanut butter in the microwave until it's mixable
2. Mix everything together


Brown Sauce:
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup apple cider
Garlic, Crushed red pepper and Ginger to taste (If you're using dried stuff you can mix it in with the sauce otherwise saute them in oil before throwing your veggies in.)

Directions:
1. Melt the honey in the microwave till it's mixable
2. Stir everything together.
Note: This makes a lot of sauce so pour it in slowly to assess how much you actually need.

No comments:

Post a Comment