Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cilantro-Lime Sauce

I make this and freeze it every few months because it’s SUPER convenient. Then whenever I make rice I stir in a few spoonfuls, squeeze in lime juice, throw in a bit of salt and YUM I have lime-cilantro rice! So, easy!
Ingredients:
1 bunch of cilantro roughly chopped
2-3 spring onions
2-3 tbsp lime juice

Directions:
Put your ingredients in your food processors/magic bullet/whatever and blend into a thick sauce. Tada!

I usually use this with brown rice that I toss together with some veggies and stuff (peas, bell peppers, and garlic and onions sautéed in olive oil…) But, I’ve definitely used it with just plain old white rice with good results. Use your imagination. Oh, and the rice tends to go pretty well with stir fry... hence this was posted on the same days as the stir fry sauce recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment