Okay, the truth is the only thing that makes this a tapenade are the olives. It lacks capers and anchovies... but I just didn't know what else to call it. I promise it's good- I have several people who will vouch. I served it with crackers and ate the leftovers in sandwiches... think this, some hummus, some lettuce, tomatoes, grilled bell pepper, good bread, etc.
1/2 a medium onion chopped up
2 cloves of garlic pushed through the garlic press.
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup chopped olives (I used 1/2 black and 1/2 green)
1-2 medium green tomatoes chopped up
Crushed Red pepper
1. Heat up 1 tbsp olive oil, throw in the onion first, then a minute later the garlic. Keep the heat on medium.
2. Once the onions start to soften, put in the celery, rosemary, oregano and crushed red pepper.
3. 2-3 minutes later add the mushrooms and cook/stir until they soften up.
4. Last put in the olives and tomatoes.
5. Cook until the tomatoes have softened up.
6. Drizzle on a tsp of olive oil once everything has cooled down.