Sunday, March 7, 2010
Itty Bitty Stuffed Peppers
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 white onion chopped up
1 clove garlic minced
1-2 white mushrooms minced up
1 cup spinach chopped up
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 cup black beans cooked or from a can
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried taragon (If you don't have this don't worry... but, it's a REALLY nice addition to your stash of herb so keep it in mind next time you go to the grocery store!)
16 mini-bell peppers - with the tops cut off, seeds taken out and a lengthwise slit made in them.
Salt to taste
** Pre-Heat Oven to 400 degrees **
1. Heat up the olive oil
2. Throw in the onions and garlic and cook until the onions get translucent.
3. Add in the mushrooms and red pepper and cook until the mushrooms start to soften
4. Next put in the spinach and cook it down until it's all wilty
5. Now throw in the beans and herbs.
6. Once the mixture has cooked off most of its liquid stir in your rice.
7. Fill up the bell peppers with the mixture and line them up on a cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, until the sides of the peppers are soft and wrinkled.